Princeton Secondary School’s Code of Conduct
To promote responsible citizenship by communicating to students, parents, and staff clear boundaries and expectations that support an effective learning environment.
We believe in a school environment that is based upon the following five values:
Respect, Fairness, Kindness, Honesty, and Loyalty.
These values are the basis for our interactions and our work together in education. Achieving this environment is the responsibility of the entire school community. These expectations apply to behavior at school, on-line, during school-organized or sponsored activities, and behavior beyond these times that negatively impacts the safe, caring or orderly environment of the school, and/or student learning.
Our school promotes the values expressed in the BC Human Rights Code respecting the rights of all individuals and prohibiting discrimination based on race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, marital or family status, religion, physical or mental disability, sex or sexual orientation.
Acceptable conduct includes:
• Acting in a manner that brings credit to the school and to the individual
• Cleaning up after yourself
• Performing random acts of kindness
• Attending school with a clear and open mind ready to learn
• Informing an adult of incidents that do not demonstrate respect
• Accepting responsibility to make our school safe.
Unacceptable conduct includes:
• Interfering with the learning of others;
• Disrupting the respectful environment;
• Creating unsafe conditions;
• Acts of bullying, harassment, intimidation or physical violence;
• Retaliation against a person who has reported incidents;
• Taking pictures or video inappropriately and/or uploading to the internet;
• Illegal acts.
Athletics Code of Conduct
To view Princeton Secondary School’s athletics code refer to the PSS Rapids Page.
PSS Cell Phone Etiquette
To view Princeton Secondary School’s cell phone etiquette refer to the link below.